Saturday, August 05, 2006

Role Reversal!



Wow! What a week it's been! After a awesome weekend with Grandma and Grandpa, Mommy started work again on Monday and left Daddy at home with Camden. My coworkers are being super-cool about easing me back into work and very understanding about me pumping breastmilk at the office and coming home to feed Camden at lunchtime. Everything was going great, until Kevin blew out his back, in the same place he injured it a few months ago. Now he's having severe pains again, and is having a lot of difficulty doing things like picking Camden up and bouncing him, etc. Fortunately my coworkers have been very flexible and gave me a light schedule on Monday and I was able to refill a Rx for Kevin and check on him every 2 hours. We've also had a lot of family members come to the rescue. Gramps got out of work and drove over to be with Kevin on Tuesday and Joani brought over the kids today to hang out and help. Grandpa even offered to come down from North Carolina to pitch in---Thank God for family!
Kevin's Dr. is recommending physical therapy and Kevin's going to look into what his insurance will cover to see if he wants to go through with it. To his credit, Kevin has put Camden on a schedule for sleeping and eating, and Camden is sticking to it to the tee! I couldn't be prouder of both of them. We'll keep you posted on what Kevin will do about his back.
Here are some pictures taken from Grandpa's camera. He got some cute ones and was there to capture the "changing of the guard."
P.S. Grandma and Grandpa--thanks again for the phone and for letting us have a "date night" on Friday! It was so nice!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it will be a great time for Camden and daddy. Not many kids get that special time. Know your folks are enjoying Camden. Great pic of Camden.
NANA

Joani said...

I can't believe how big he is getting. Kevin - we can't wait to hang out with you. We'll have lots of play dates:) Wanna go watch the Gators scrimage in G-ville? Love ya~ Joani, Maddie & Jake

Anonymous said...

Whoa - what a chubbster! My little monkey is growing up so fast and healthy!

You guys are doing such a fantastic job at raising the little squirt!

Anonymous said...

Seeing the pictures makes me ache to see Camden.... I'm looking forward to Labor Day Weekend... I need some Camden lovin... Hope Kevins up to snuff in no time... Beckys got her plate full... Take care of you tooooo kitten!... Aunt Laura loves you all... Byeeee