Wednesday, November 04, 2009

We're home!

We are now home and enjoying having Grandma and Grandpa's help with managing our new family dynamics. Luke was discharged on Tuesday at around 12:30. After taking a tour of his new surroundings, Luke finally had the chance to meet his big brother Camden when he got home from school. Camden seemed to really like his new bro, and was all smiles. We of course had to remind him to be gentle with little Luke. It was wonderful to see my Cam Cam again--I hadn't seen him since Sunday.

Daddy went back to work for the rest of the week since MOm and Dad are here. He'll be taking all next week off to be with Luke and I. Luke is a hearty eater, and I've been blessed to have no issues w/ the breastfeeding so far. As to the sleeping, Luke seems to be a nightowl: likes to sleep a lot during the day and keep Mommy up all night. Your typical newborn stuff. He gave me and hour and a half of sleeping in his bassinette before he decided to wake every hour, almost on the hour to eat. But I'm just enjoying his newness, and all the sweet little noises he makes when eating. He's a good baby.


Here are a few pics of the new guy. I'm going to tackle some stuff on my to-do list while Luke is chilling. Thanks for all your sweet thoughts, comments and prayers. (Special thanks to Betsy for updating our blog, and to Becka who created a slideshow while I was in the hospital-You girls did great!)New pics to come soon (hopefully!). Til then...
Copy and paste this link for Becka's slideshow: http://www.slide.com/r/ZWFXWQTv5j8aa3eUYScktPWY-EzZbGvZ?previous_view=lt_embedded_url

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you... I look forward to meeting little Luke!... I'll keep an eye out for the pictures... You did GOOD!... AntLar

Anonymous said...

Know you all are glad to be home...train that big boy that night is the time to sleep. Why do all babies get mixed up. Can't wait to see him on Sunday.... and you all.
Love Nana and Gramps!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you guys are home and Camden is enjoying his little brother. Thanks again for letting me be part of such an amazing experience. Keep up the great work!!
Love,
Aunt Becka

Anonymous said...

Wow, so precious, Becky and Kevin!! The pictures are so wonderful, I'm so happy for you all! And way to go, Becky!!! So glad to hear that Camden already loves his little bro. I hope he gets his days and nights on track soon :)