Monday, July 27, 2009

Intensive Therapy Day 6




He had a nice relaxing weekend to recoop, but this morning it was time for young Camden Bailey to get back to work. Things started out the same way...weights, message, putting on the TheraSuit. But when Camden began to cry during Ms. Tammy's foot message, I wanted more info about it. For any of you Amazing Race fans last year, remember the painful foot message they had to get on one leg of the China race? Ms. Tammy said that many of the techniques from the foot message she gives him are indeed Chinese and she gave me a taste of it. True, it was very painful, but she had me do the same toe-touch before and after message and it was interesting to see how much more I could bend over afterwards. (Well, I was still handicapped with a large baby belly!). Today after his side sit-ups, Ms. Tammy put him on a mat and had him do sit sit-ups into sitting on the edge of the mat. It was incredible to see him holding himself up for a few seconds! She also put him back into the "cage" with the harness on so he could practice some walking with the full suit on plus weights. He didn't cry at all! Oh sure, some fussing here and there, but no meltdowns. Then she had him work on sitting to standing and kneeling to standing and that wasn't so easy for him. He rode on Bert, did some surfing and was rewarded with some time in the ricebox. (Which we've decided we soooo have to have at our own house!) Camden just woke up from his 1 & 1/2 hour nap, brought on by such good hard work. We're going to go get some lunch and I'll probably be leaving sometime later this evening. Continued thanks to all for your thoughts, prayers and support and (if you're reading this Mark, Jim and Family Promisers) thanks for sharing me so much with my family. It meant so much for me to be here for both Camden and Kevin--you have no idea!

1 comment:

efederico said...

Hi Camden, I am so proud of you for hanging in there. I can hardly wait for you to come back and knock my socks off. Love and hugs, Miss Lisa
ps. Do we have to get a girl with a guitar?